7.07.2012

Muir Family Staycation 2012: Day 4 (Happy Birthday America)

I love the 4th of July but there seems to be a Independence Day curse on our family.  In the last 5 years we have only had one pleasant 4th of July holiday.  The rest of them have consisted of huge storms at the lake, losing a sentimental ring in the lake and this year was the stomach bug. 

The morning of the 4th we woke up and Campbell looked pale.  I didn't think much about it (Mother of the Year here).  She ate a normal breakfast and lunch and went down for her nap a little early.  I finished making a homemade apple pie and potato salad to take over to my parents.  Cole and I went in to her room to wake her up and she was sitting up in bed covered in throw-up.  Awesome.  I don't do the stomach bug so I convinced myself it was something she ate.  We went over to my parents for a pool party!  It was a packed house and Cole had the best time playing with his friends.  Campbell seemed to be doing ok until she threw-up again on the patio.  So Campbell and I spent the rest of the party quarantined in the media room watching Mickey.  I snuck out a couple of times to get a few pictures but that is it.  Poor baby girl.

 It was a full house!  The Bailey's, Josh and Kim, the Ross', the Silvers', the Jones' and more were there!  The kids loved swimming and jumping of the diving board!






 My parents had all the traditional All American food.  My dad grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, watermelon, chips and dip, apple pie, banana pudding, strawberry cake, brownies and more!

The boys played a mean game of kick-ball.  Cole loved every second of the day!

(sweet cousins:  Gray and Everley)

We didn't see any fireworks and were in bed by 9:00.  Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Your parents have an awesome backyard!!!!