Happy Birthday Campbell

We woke up bright and early this morning to head to the hospital to meet our daughter for the very first time. Such an exciting morning!

Cole woke up in a great mood, proudly put on his Big Bro shirt and picked out yummy donuts on our way to the hospital.We got to the hospital and got checked in and I was SO EXCITED when they told me the room number I would deliver in was 304...the same room I had Cole in! So fun! We sent Cole to the waiting room with the grandparents while I was hooked up to the IV and answered the million questions they ask you. The anesthesiologist came in at about 8:30 just to introduce herself and then realized how far along I was so she went ahead and gave me my epidural. Apparently I have a slight case of scoliosis because instead of the needle going straight in my back it had to be moved several times to get it in the right spot which happened to be pointing to the corner of the room. Dr. Webster came in at about 9:00 and broke my water. Once that was over I was feeling pretty good until I started feeling some descent pain during my contractions. They gave me boost of meds and life was better!Once we were all settled in we brought Cole and the grandparents in for one last visit before Campbell's debut. RT and I gave Cole a bag with his name on it FILLED with things to keep him busy while he waited to meet his sister. There were new Batman and Riddler toys, coloring books, crayons, stickers his High Five magazines, snacks, big brother books and a new Super Hero Squad game for his mobigo. He was pumped!
By 10:00 we sent everyone to the waiting room and RT and I just relaxed and chatted until all of the sudden I was dilated to a 9. Our super sweet nurse, Na, began prepping the room for delivery and called Dr. Webster. After a couple of practice pushes it was time to get serious. Three pushes later Campbell Taylor Muir was born at 12:50 pm. She weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz and was 18 inches long. She had the cutest chubby cheeks and fat little thighs. We were in love!
After a little skin to skin time we brought Cole in to meet his baby sister. In his defense he was exhausted but he was less than thrilled to meet her. He didn't want to sit by her or touch her and just wanted his daddy to hold him. He did warm up though as the day and weekend went on.
We brought the rest of the family in to meet Campbell. My sister was wheeled down the hall to my room so she could meet Campbell too! Then we were sent to our recovery room and got more snuggle time with Little Miss.

Cole opened the present Campbell got for her big brother. To say it was a hit would be an understatement.

After a long, exhausting and super exciting day everyone went home and daddy got some snuggle time with his daughter! Such a sweet sight. What an unforgettable day! The day our hearts doubled and we became a family of four!

No comments: