San Francisco

We had such a blast on our vacation in San Francisco! The weather was UNBELIEVABLE! It was so nice to just do whatever we wanted to do. We didn't have to be anywhere at any specific time so we never had to rush through anything. We were able to sleep in which we haven't been able to do in about 2 years and 8 months. It was such a nice change of pace but we did miss Cole like crazy!

Get ready because this is going to be a long post with a crazy amount of pictures!
THURSDAY 7/15/2010: Travel day. Our flight did not leave D/FW until later in the afternoon so while I got ready and finished packing, RT and his mom took Cole to his swimming lessons before we had to leave for the airport. We left Dallas and it felt like it was about 120 degrees. We had a perfect flight and arrived in sunny California at about 6:00. We walked out of the airport and RT looked at me and said, "You're in heaven aren't you?" and I most definitely was! There was a cool breeze blowing and when we got into our rent car the temperature in the car said 67 degrees. I KNOW! It was amazing! We got to the hotel checked in and headed out for dinner. Our hotel was basically on the bay so we just walked towards the water and found a yummy place to eat with awesome scenery! We hit the hay early after a long day of traveling.

Friday 7/16/2010: Our 5th wedding anniversary. We slept in a little and had breakfast in bed before venturing out for the day. The location of our hotel could not have been better. We were so close to Fisherman's Wharf so that is where we started. We walked up and down the Wharf, shopped and since we were in California we had to eat lunch at In-N-Out Burger. We took a boat tour of the bay that took us under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz. We also walked to Ghirardelli Square and shared the most amazing chocolate peanut butter sundae EVER! We also stumbled across the cutest boutique where we purchased a few things. We headed back to the hotel to shower before dinner for our anniversary. The Cliff House was recommended to us by my sister and Jon so that is where we went. The food was amazing and the view was incredible. Its not very often that you eat dinner on the side of a cliff and all you can see is water.

Saturday 7/17/2010: We got up and got going Saturday morning. We headed across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito for breakfast. Let me tell you something....we had the best breakfast at the Lighthouse Cafe. I had fresh blueberry pancakes and they were to die for! The cafe was kind of a little hole in the wall and we ate at a counter but it was amazing food! After we were finished stuffing ourselves it was time to work off what we just ate by walking through Muir Woods. To say that Muir Woods is breath taking is an understatement. The trees are unbelievable and the air is so clean and fresh. We loved it and spent a good amount of time walking and taking pictures and just soaking it all in. After we couldn't walk anymore we headed to the gift shop and bought several shirts, Christmas ornaments, etc. that had MUIR Woods written on them. Cool! Then we drove back to Sausalito and walked around, had ice cream on the side walk under hanging pots overflowing with flowers. I kind of felt like we were in a movie. After touring Sausalito we headed back to the hotel to rest before getting Mexican food for dinner. It was SO good!

Sunday 7/18/2010: We slept in! It was heaven to just sleep in as long as we wanted...I actually can't remember the last time we did that. Once we finally made it out of bed we got ready and headed to the Giants game. Besides the baking in the sun part, I told RT that if the temperature and cool breeze was the same at home I would go to Rangers games all the time, but unless they move baseball season to the fall I don't think I will attend too many games. The games was a lot of fun and from there we drove to see the Painted Ladies a.k.a. the Full House house. RT was not that impressed but I loved them! The Full House theme song just kept playing in my head. From there we drove down Lombard Street which is famous for being crazy crooked! People were lined up and down it taking pictures and watching the cars as they weaved through the street. We ate dinner at a little Italian place across the street from our hotel and after I bought and haggled a price for a super cute bracelet from a street vendor. Before Heading up to our room I beat RT in a game of checkers in the lobby of our hotel. We packed and went to bed early.

Monday 7/19/2010: Going home. We missed Cole terribly but we still weren't quite ready to leave the amazing weather we had. I wish I could have bottled it up and brought it home. Before we left for the airport we had brunch at a famous cafe. The french toast was amazing! We left for the airport and flew back to the yucky Dallas humidity and heat. We were so happy to see Cole and he was glad to see us! We had such a wonderful time spending time together talking and just hanging out together, just the two of us.

1 comment:

Kim Knight Perez said...

How nice! Happy belated anniversary!