11.10.2009

A Party Celebrating Cole's 2nd Season

We celebrated Cole turning 2 with family and friends on Saturday. Holy Cow. I had so much fun planning this party and I am so glad it turned out so cute and fun too! If you read my blog it is no surprise that I picked a sports theme for Cole's 2nd birthday party. I mean the kid holds a golf club and putts like a real golfer and we have never shown him how to do it and we don't watch golf on TV. Crazy! Anyway, once I decided on the theme, the decor and food came really easy! Here are pics of the decorations. I didn't do a whole lot but I think it turned out cute:

This is the precious invitation Cole's uncle Jon designed. I came up with the wording and he did his magic! I don't know what I would do with out his help! And don't worry, those white boxes are not on the actual invitation. I just didn't want some of you to know where I live or what my phone number is! Sorry!

I found the basketball, football and soccer ball lanterns online and just added steamers to make it more festive. Then I thought it would be cute to pick one "highlight" from each month of the last year and have Cole's 2nd Season Highlights! Super easy, cute and cheap.

For the food I knew immediately that I would serve ballpark food so the menu included: hot dogs {wrapped in foil like you would get at a game}, peanuts, popcorn, nachos {made a little fancier} and then just for a little variety my mom made this awesome snack that everyone LOVED! I made cupcakes and little kahunas for dessert! As a party favor I made little bags of chocolate sports ball candies.




The BIRTHDAY BOY looking super cute in his MAVS jersey!
After everyone ate yummy food it was time to open presents. He seriously got awesome stuff.
When he was finished opening his presents inside, Mimi K and Gramps had a surprise for him outside....his very own playhouse and slide!






Cole with his Mimi K and Gramps in his new play house!

After some play time we had to bribe him to come inside so we could sing Happy Birthday and let him blow out his candles. He was NOT a fan of everyone starring and singing but he survived and enjoyed his cupcake.
And finally a family pic before we had to get trucks and games out of the boxes so he could play. On the invitation I asked everyone to come representing their favorite sports team and most everyone did! I was a trader and wore a MAVS jersey instead of representing TECH and my mom wore a UT shirt instead of an OU one but all in all I think it was a fun little extra!


The loot. Cole seriously raked it in and between both grandmothers he now has a fall/winter wardrobe! Awesome!

Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate our little man! Cole is such a lucky little boy to have so many people in his life that love him so much!

After a LONG nap {Cole slept from 2-5:00} daddy had another surprise in store for Cole. Stay tuned to see where he got to go for the first time and what he received when he was there!

1 comment:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

look at those stacks of clothes!! awesome! you did a GREAT job putting that little celebration together - everything looked adorable! the idea for everyone to wear a jersey was super creative, too! cole is one lucky kiddo - yay for turning TWO!! let the roller coaster speed UP! it's about to get wild for us! :)