11.29.2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here are a few things I am thankful for:

my health MY HUSBAND sweet potato casserole COLE my house diet coke
my camera FAMILY Finn FRIENDS cold weather MOM pecan pie warm bed
MY HUSBAND traditions sleep our Christmas tree FORGIVENESS COLE
pumpkin cupcakes chocolate blogs no paci fuzzy socks Christmas Music toys everywhere
Dad my education Grace COLE freedom my sister MY HUSBAND... {the list goes on}

Thanksgiving 2009 was pretty low key for us this year {and I did a terrible job documenting it!} We started the day off with breakfast and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Cole woke up in the best mood and was running {literally} all through the house and would stop to watch the parade when a cool balloon caught his eye and then he was off again. WILD! Then we all got ready and headed to my sister-in-law's house. This was her first year hosting and she and Brandon did a fantastic job. We watched movies and football and feasted on Turkey, green bean casserole, roles and pumpkin pie. Cole pretty much played with the doggy gate the ENTIRE TIME....now I know what to get him for Christmas...Ha!
After stuffing ourselves at Dee and Brandon's we headed over to my parents house. We met Kori and Jon there who had spent the morning in the ER because Kori had had a migraine for a week and none of the medicine was working and she just couldn't take it anymore. They gave her an IV cocktail and she seemed to be doing better. We took family pictures outside and the guys watched more football and played with Cole. My parents did an amazing job on our thanksgiving dinner. We had turkey {the best turkey I have ever had} dressing, sweet potato casserole, broccoli and cheese casserole, monkey bread, wine and homemade cherry, pumpkin and pecan pie. Seriously one of my favorite meals of the year! By the time dinner was over everyone was exhausted and stuffed and we called it a night {but not before I got my leftover bag to take home}.


{My grandma's silverware. I LOVE It}
Thank you to Dee and Brandon and my parents for working so hard and cooking wonderful meals! I am thankful for you!

1 comment:

RL said...

sounds like a great day with lots of yummy food! the family pic of you, rt and cole is beautiful!!!