6.30.2009

Cole's Nursery

This is a totally random post but while I was working on Cole's blog book I realized I did not have documentation of Cole's room. So, I thought I would go ahead and post it so I have it documented forever!

When we found out we were having a boy I knew I did not want to do the whole sports theme {had I known then that he was going to love sports as much as he does right now I might have changed my mind but life doesn't work that way} because I felt like that is what everyone does for boys. I thought the surfing bedding from Pottery Barn was so precious and thought it was something that he could grow into and it would still be cool when he was 6 or 7. So surfing is the theme we went with and I am so happy we did! I bought the comforter that matches his bumper pad so I won't have to change the theme when he gets older. I have a few more ideas for things I want to add but I think I will wait until we put him in a big boy bed...maybe it will make it feel like a big boy room.
From top to bottom, left to right: The view from Cole's bedroom door; a woody car that sits on top of his dresser; his crib with a surfboard with angel wings over it {LOVE IT} and a grass bed skirt; his hamper and name {obviously} and hanging on his closet door is a bear my family bought on Cole's birthday and my sister wrote all his stats on it; shelves on one of his walls with sentimental nic-naks; his changing table, his piggy bank that my mom had made to match the theme of his room; his dresser.
*****
Thanks for indulging me with this post. I know most of you have either seen his room or don't really care what it looks like but I never want to forget it!

1 comment:

Kara Wilson said...

Hi Lyric!
I am friends with Kim Bailey and Brittney Poe, and I just love your cute blog! I am doing my son's big boy room with a surfer theme (he will be 2 next month). Cole's nursery is PRECIOUS! I love it! When you have time, will you email me where you got the darling red surf board that is over Cole's crib? I would love to get one for Tanner's room! Thanks so much!!!
My email is: karakloppers@yahoo.com
Thanks again!
Kara Wilson :)