2.09.2009

Our Story Continued...

So, the day after our date was the Super Bowl and RT said he would call me and let me know what the plans were for the party he and his roommates had. I will be honest, I didn't hold my breath waiting for the phone call. It had been my experience in the past not to expect much from the guys I had gone out with. I was however, super excited when he did call!!! I went to his house and met more of his friends and will have to say that we were both a little more nervous to see each other then we were the day before. Funny. We had a great time and could definitely tell there so something a little different between us than either one of us had ever felt before. We actually became inseparable. We talked, emailed and saw each other every day for at least the next six months. We couldn't spend enough time together and getting to know each other better. It was crazy! After less then a week I knew I was going to marry him! On July 28, 2004, almost six short months later, he proposed in the rain. We were married on July 16, 2005.

A lot has happened in the last five years and we have had so much fun together. Here are a few:
1. RT took me to Vegas for my Birthday

{here were are at the Luxor in Vegas}

2. We were engaged

{One of the happiest days of my life. Notice the wet hair and damp clothes. He really did propose in the pouring down rain! The proposal story is a whole other post in itself}

3. RT tore his ACL playing indoor soccer and had to have surgery

4. RT got his MBA

5. We celebrated RT's grandparents 50th wedding anniversary

6. RT surprised me with a trip to New York to celebrate our 1 year anniversary

{New York City in the background while we are standing at the Statue of Liberty}

{He surprised me with tickets to the Lion King}

7. We were married

8. We went on the most amazing honeymoon in Jumby Bay
9. We celebrated all the "our first" holiday's together

10. My grandmother died

11. We celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary
12. We went to New York again and during the trip my sister was proposed to at Top of
the Rock in Rockefeller Center right before Christmas

13. I got found out I was pregnant and we were going to be parents for the first time

14. Kori and Jon got married on July 28, 2007

15. Cole was born on November 9, 2007

16. We attended lot and lots of wedding over the last five years

17. We celebrated Cole's 1st Birthday
18. We went on lots of "mini" trips together

19. RT's sister got engaged

20. We moved 3 times

....and these are just a few! I could not imagine doing these things with anyone other than my husband. I love you!!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What a fun post! Loved looking at the pictures from when y'all first met and your engagement.