1.26.2009

I'm It!

I was "Truth Tagged" by my sister.....

The rules are:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were tagged.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

....So here I go!

#1 I have never treated my hair. I have never colored, highlighted, permed {thank goodness}, body waived or done anything else you can do to your hair. I have never done any of them! My hair is completely natural.

#2 I know sign language. In college, instead of taking a normal foreign language class like Spanish or French, I decided to take Sign Language. It was one of the most fun classes I have ever taken. I only needed 2 semesters of it so I only know the basics and could not carry on a conversation but I still remember some things and if I saw someone signing I might be able to pick up some things in their conversation.

#3 I was a dancer growing up. I took dance at a studio from the time I was 5 until 13 where I took tap, jazz and lyrical classes and competed in tap. I love to tap dance! I love to tap dance so much that Kori incorporated tap dancing into my bachelorette party! Then I was on the drill team at Vines in the 10th grade {which was one of the best years of my life} and then I was on a competitive dance team my junior and senior year in high school.

#4 I can't whistle. I try and try and nothing ever happens.

#5 I am deathly afraid of heights. I can't stand on a chair without my palms getting sweaty and I start to panic. Ladders, forget it. Going into the attic, no way. My palms will sweat even if I am watching someone on TV do something associated with heights!

#6 I had braces from 2nd grade to 7th grade! Yes, I said 2nd grade. I lost all of my teeth and had all my permanent teeth in by the 2nd grade. You can imagine what my teeth looked like if I had to have braces for 5 years. I had everything...the butterfly expander, head gear {which I only had to wear at night thank you Lord}, rubber bands, retainers....you name it and I had it. It all paid off though. I have a beautiful smile thanks to my parents!

#7 I have a Bachelor of Interior Design degree and a Minor in Architecture from Texas TECH University. Obviously my college friends and my family know that about me but I don't feel like my newer friends do. And just to clarify, I am not a decorator. I can actually build a house or building from the ground up. I can draw the floor plans, pick the materials, list the specifications, create a lighting plan, etc. They did not teach me how to match pillows and curtains with your couch and wall paint. I feel like anytime someone asks/asked me what my major was they always assume I learned how to pick out fabric. Not so!

#8 I met my husband on a blind date! They really do work! It will be 5 years ago this Saturday that we met. Stay tuned for the rest of that story.

#9 I am legally blind. With out my contacts or glasses I can't see anything but fuzzy objects that could be as close as one foot in front of me.

#10 I HATE seafood! I can't stand the look of it, the smell of it, the texture of it or the taste of it. I have tried a lot of it thinking that I will find a fish or crab or something that I like but I feel like throwing up every time I try so I do not eat seafood at all. Period.

Well kids, I hope you learned something new about me. Now it is your turn:
Gentry
Rachel
Jessica
Kylie
Jen

I only have 5 listed because some of my friends {no names mentioned} need to join the blog world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny that I can't whistle either and am legally blind too! Hope all is well. I hope to make it to Dallas soon (we finally got another car!) but I'll let you know when! Tell all the family hi!

Robin