6.22.2014

Kindergarten is in the Books

I cannot believe Cole has finished his first year of "big school"!!!!  He had the most amazing year!!  I cannot say enough wonderful things about his sweet sweet teacher, Mrs. Bryan.  He loves her, I love her and she was the perfect fit for Cole.  I really could not have dreamed of a better teacher for him.  He made so many new friends, broke out of his shell a little bit and learned so much.  He seriously changed drastically in 9 month and I loved watching it happen.  I am so proud of the progress he has made! 

My mother-in-law quilts so for Mrs. Bryan's end of the year gift I had each child in the class decorate a square and she quilted them together to make the most precious blanket ever!  Mrs. Bryan cried when she opened it....success!!!


The end of the year party was a little different than I remember my school parties being.  I was the room mom for Cole's class this year and when planning the party with the other kinder room moms I could not believe the amount of money we had to spend and what the party actually turned out like.  There were TWO bounce houses, two relay games, three carnival games, Popsicles, Twister and glitter tattoos.  Then every single kindergartner received a pair of sunglasses as their party favor.  Seriously??!!  I am pretty sure we got a cupcake and a pencil when I was in elementary school.  Times have changed!!!





As if the party wasn't enough, I had been collecting sussies to start summer break off right!  Beach towels and swimsuits, movies, water bottles, cupcakes and most importantly workbooks!!!

And we ended the last day celebration with Slurpee's and crazy straws.  I love summer!!!!!

No comments: