12.10.2012

475 Miles

I spent a lot of time in the car and drove 475 miles on Saturday.  I met one of my best friends in Waco for lunch.  She lives in Austin so we try and meet every 3 months to hang out and catch up.  Of course I had to browse through Spice and I may or may not have purchased a few things for my self.

 We like to switch up our lunching locations so this time we ate at Rudy's.  We sat and talked for 2 1/2 hours before heading home.  I love this girl and wish we lived closer together.  I miss my Sarah!

I enjoyed a quiet ride home and listened to Christmas music the entire time.  Thank you to my hubby for watching the kiddos all day so I could have some me time!  Once home there was just enough time to change clothes and pack the kids bags for a sleep over at Mimi and Gramps' house.  They were pumped and so were RT and I!  We said our goodbye's and RT and I went one a date at our favorite restaurant, Sissy's.  Seriously, you have to go!
 After stuffing ourselves we rolled on over to our friend's house for their annual Christmas party.  The picture below is from a couple of years ago.  I did an absolute terrible job of documenting my busy day!  Anyway, it was an ugly Christmas sweater party with a white elephant gift exchange.  RT and I ended up with salt and pepper shakers in the shape of a wine glass and wine bottle.  Could have been much worse. 
We pulled in to our garage at 1:45 am.  I am going to sound lame here but I cannot tell you the last time I got home at that time.  The good news is we were able to sleep in thanks to my parents!
 
It was a long and fun day!

No comments: