8.29.2012

McCall, Idaho

I have never been to Idaho and when I found out we were attending RT's cousin's wedding in McCall, Idaho I was less than thrilled.  Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic to have a weekend get away with RT and I was so happy for Sara and her fiance Jeremy, but to be honest Idaho sounded lame to me.  I couldn't imagine there would be anything cool about it and boy was I wrong with a capital W!  McCall, Idaho made it on my list of favorite places and we can't wait to take the kids when they get older!
 
We had a hiccup on our way there.  Instead of flying from D/FW to Salt Lake City and then to Boise, we flew to Seattle and then to Boise.  We were supposed to get to Boise at 6:00 pm and we got there at 10:00 pm instead and then had to drive 2 hours through the mountains to McCall.  It was a long day but we made it safe and sound.
 {Our plane from Seattle to Boise....I was not a fan}
 
We stayed at the Shore Lodge and it was amazing!  It was right on the lake nestled in the mountains and surrounded by trees.  I was in heaven and didn't want to leave.


 {This is the view from our private porch}
 {I mean seriously!  So beautiful!}

 {We met aunts and uncles and cousins and this restaurant for breakfast.  This is what all the shops and places in the town look like, covered in flowers!}
 
Then we shopped around the cutest little town, ate lunch on a pier and showered for the wedding.  It was on the lake with the mountains in the background.  Stunning!  Then we headed up the hill to a cabin in the woods where the reception was held outside and the dance floor was the porch.  It was beautiful and perfect!



 Monday morning we got up and took the 2 hour drive back to Boise through the mountains.  It was breathtaking and I loved every minute of it! 


 Our flights were going smoothly until we had to circle around Dallas for an hour in a holding pattern because of a communication failure with air traffic control or something.  Other than that getting home was much better!  We were SO excited to see the kiddos!  They had such a good time with Mimi and Gramps!  Campbell was in awe of her daddy when she saw him.  I wish I had her expression and demeanor on video.  Let's just say her daddy was melting;)
Congratulations to Sara and Jeremy!

2 comments:

Sara Muir said...

I'm so glad ya'll were able to come to Idaho!! It was great seeing you and we really appreciate ya'll making the trip!

Brandi said...

What beautiful pics!! I want to go visit!!