7.17.2011

Washington D.C.

Last weekend RT and I headed to D.C. for a little work and a little play.  He had a conference to attend for and I tagged along for a mini vacation!  We left the kiddos bright and early with my parents Saturday morning and boarded the plane.  Once in D.C. we grabbed some lunch downtown and attempted to see all the major attractions.  However, it was HOT, a SATURDAY afternoon, during SUMMER VACATION so needless to say we didn't get to see much.  It was so crowded...you couldn't park anywhere and did I mention it was too hot to just walk around for hours??  We saw a few landmarks and then called it a day.






The conference was held at the Gaylord so obviously that is where we stayed.  Saturday night we ordered room service and watched a movie.  It was so nice to just relax!  Sunday through Tuesday was the conference so RT was in and out on those days.  Sunday I stayed in bed all day!!!  I literally only got up to answer the door when room service delivered food!  I watched TV, napped, read and napped some more. It was amazing!  Monday I had a spa day all day and then attended a huge party with RT.  Tuesday I shopped and lunched until RT was done for the day and we headed back to the airport. 




The whole trip went so smoothly until our flight was delayed 3 hours and eventually canceled {stupid American Airlines} so instead of getting home at 7:00 we got home on another flight at 11:00.  It was a long day but we were still so thankful for our time away together.  We couldn't wait to kiss the kids faces Wednesday morning!  We missed them so much!

No comments: