12.03.2008

Thanksgiving Week

I am a little behind in my blogging so I thought I would do one big post for the things we did over the Thanksgiving holiday, but as I look through the pictures I took, I don't think there is much to share. I felt like we were busy the whole week but I don't have much to show for it. So, I will include pictures when I have them but a lot of this is going to be me rambling on.



Wednesday, November 26th: SURPRISE! RT, Cole and I went to a surprise birthday party for RT's cousin, Gentry. We haven't seen Gentry and her husband Jordan since their wedding in June because Jordan is in officer training for the Army in Georgia. It was so great to catch up with them and the rest of the family. We will see them again in April when they come through town on their way to Alaska where he will be stationed. What an adventure they are on!



Thursday, November 27th: THANKSGIVING DAY! We spent the morning watching the Thanksgiving Day parade {the Rockettes are my absolute favorite!} and recovering from Cole falling down the stairs. That's right! He actually fell down the stairs. He was about six steps up when he lost his balance and went tumbling down. We had lots of tears {from Cole and me} and a bloody mouth. After we looked him over checking for broken bones, missing teeth, etc. we concluded that he bit his tongue or cheek really bad which was the source of the blood and that he had rug burn on his nose. After about 5 minutes Cole was fine but I was a mess the rest of the day. So...then we headed to RT's aunt and uncle's house for a yummy lunch and football watching. Then we went to my parent's house for a yummy dinner. Cole had his very first Thanksgiving meal {last year in was formula, he was only 2 weeks old!} His favorite things were turkey, and sweet potatoes. He just could not get enough turkey! Needless to say, we were stuffed!


Friday, November 28th: CHRISTMAS HAS ARRIVED! We spent all day in our jammies decorating the house for Christmas. We put lights outside, put up the tree, decorated the mantel, put out the nutcrackers and snow globes and my favorite decoration of all, my silver bells. My mom collected a silver bell every year of my life until I got married. Each bell is engraved with a Christmas scene or character and then plays a different Christmas song. I LOVE THESE BELLS!

Saturday, November 29th: MORE THANKSGIVING! We spent the morning watching cheesy made for TV Christmas movies and then headed to the mall to purchase Cole's Christmas outfit, Hobby Lobby for more Christmas greatness at 50% off and then Home Depot for more lights {in my opinion you cannot have too many Christmas lights}. Then my side of the family met at my aunt and uncle's house so we could celebrate Thanksgiving with them. We didn't get to see each other on Thanksgiving day and even though the holiday had come and gone we still wanted to get together as one big family and just hang out. We had BBQ and beer and laughed all night! We had so much fun!


Cole got the bee balloon animal from donating money to a local youth group.

Sitting on beach towels so he could reach the table to eat :-)

Sunday, November 30th: JON PREACHES! On Sunday my brother-in-law preached at church about the true meaning of Christmas. It was such a moving sermon and he did an amazing job as usual. He is so natural speaking in front of all those people and he touches your heart with the messages he brings. Then we went to eat a La Hacienda with my parents, Kori and Jon, Josh and Kim, Shannon, Jared and the boys and Mr. Bailey. The girls had so much fun talking about Christmas decorating and telling funny stories about the little kiddos while the guys talked business and football of course! RT, Cole and I spent the rest of the day watching football and hanging out as a family.

Sweet Cade and Cole hanging out after church

Cole and Uncle Jon

Cruse and Cole waiting for a table at La Hacienda. How funny are the looks on both their faces!
Cole drinking his juice while Cruse and Cade are hard at work coloring while waiting for our food to come.
What a jam packed week we had! We wouldn't have it any other way!
****
We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: